Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dads Provide "The Essential Ingredient"



"It takes a number of critical factors to win, including the right mix of talent, creativity, intelligence, toughness, and, of course, luck.
                But if a team doesn’t have the
                  most essential ingredient,
      love—none
of those other factors matter."

          ~Phil Jackson in "Eleven Rings, the Soul of Success"


"Too much of a good thing is wonderful."
         
~Mae West



"People ask me what I do in winter when
there's no baseball.  I'll tell you what I do.
I stare out the window and wait for spring."
         
~Roger Hornsby 


"It's a wise father that knows his own child."
         
~William Shakespeare




"It's easy for a kid to join a gang,
to do drugs.....we should make it that
easy to be involved in football
and academics." ~Snoop Dogg





"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
  Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."
                ~Albert Camus



When I'm standing at the pearly gates, I want to say to God, "Don't look at my records. 
Look at my family.  I'm much prouder
about that."
         ~John Fogerty 




"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection."                 ~Sigmund Freud

No comments:

Post a Comment